Device does not show up in device list (app)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 08:17:15 - last edited 2022-10-27 05:54:41
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 62679

Hi

I have this setup:

Fiber modem -> Deco#1 -> Switch -> Deco#2

Deco#3 connected wireless

I have a Siemens Logo PLC for heat control with static IP (outside DHCP pool), and I need to access it's webserver from outside our LAN

The PLC is connected with cable - I have tried to connect in switch and in Deco#3

The PLC does not show up in the device list in the App - so I can't select it to forward it's port.

Question:

How does I make it show up in the device list OR how do I forward a port with a static IP instead of selecting in device list?

EDIT: but I can connect to it on my LAN, so something is working....

PLC does not support dynamic IP

PLC IP is found if I "Scan for devices" in Wi-Fi Assistant

MORE EDIT:

If I lookup the MAC in Wi-Fi assistant, I get this: "Siemens Industrial Automation Products Ltd Chengdu"

Options
7 Reply
Re:Device does not show up in device list (app)
2022-10-26 11:47:29

@Jens_Jespersen 

You can solve that by configuring Siemens Logo PLC to use dynamic IP address, and then reserving IP address for Siemens Logo PLC in Deco mesh. See How to configure Address Reservation with Deco

If you can't configure Siemens Logo PLC to use dynamic IP address, there is a hack that should work:

Find device that allows MAC address spoofing. That could be router, especially older ones allow it. Disconnect Siemens Logo PLC from the network. Configure device with Siemens Logo PLC MAC address. Connect device to Deco mesh. Proceed with IP address reservation. After you reserved IP address, you can edit it: change it to one that is on Siemens Logo PLC. 

Configure port forwarding. Reset MAC address spoofing on that device. Connect Siemens Logo PLC back to network.

Options
2022-10-26 11:55:18

@Jens_Jespersen 

Sorry, one more thing. If you set Siemens Logo PLC with IP address from the Deco DHCP pool, will you see that device in Deco mesh? Because, if you do, there is an easier way than MAC spoofing.

Options
2022-10-27 05:26:54
Hi. Yes I tried both without succes :(
Options
2022-10-27 05:28:40

@Alexandre. 

Nice idea - I tried with my PC cabled to the same switch as my PLC - turned off the PLC and changed IP and MAC of the PC. It appeared in the list, but nothing when I disconnected PC and turned on the PLC :(

Options
2022-10-27 08:31:11 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:48:47

@Jens_Jespersen Thanks for the feedback. I see your case is a little like this one:

Static IP clients and other devices on switch showing offline

I wonder when you set up a static IP address on the Siemen PLC, except for the IP address, did you also put a gateway/DNS server?

By the way, if you haven't tried Deco APP 3.0, it is also suggested to install the latest Deco APP to see whether it helped:Deco APP 3.0

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-27 08:42:11

@David-TP  I'm pretty sure I setup gateway - not sure about DNS server....i'll check later today (I'm at work right now....and no external access, you know :-D )

What would the right settings be?

I can see in your link'ed topic, that a firmware update helped on other Decos - do you have one for M9 V1 that takes care of the problem?

Jens

Options
2022-10-29 11:17:22

@David-TP 

Hi David

I can not set DNS on my Logo PLC, but Gateway is set to main Deco

Funny thing....

If change my PC settings (Ethernet) to same mac as my PLC (+1) it shows up as a Siemens PLC when I connect the cable - same with +2 and +3

But if I set PC mac to the exact same as the PLC it does not show up.

So - somehow it seems that the PLC mac address has been blocked in my Deco system.

Any solution to that?

I have checked if it was in the blacklisted devices, but that list is empty....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 7

Related Articles