Deco M4 connects to six different sites every minute

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-28 11:31:28 - last edited 2022-10-28 17:33:59
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20220426 Rel. 32976

When I follow the network traffic on my home network I see that the main Deco is contacting every minute:

reddit com

google com

live com

amazon com

bing com

a root-servers

When I block these sites for the Deco, everything just works. Does anyone know why Deco keeps contacting these six sites?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 connects to six different sites every minute
2022-11-01 06:42:15 - last edited 2022-11-01 06:59:03

@Henk_L. 

Hi, these websites are used to check network connectivity and once the online internet checking passes, the LED on Deco could remain green/white. It does not actually access or communicate with these sites and it just tries to resolve these domains to check whether the DNS server returns with the correct IP address.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M4 connects to six different sites every minute
2022-11-01 11:00:53
Hi David, That is very strange behaviour, the Deco is in AP mode so why should this be checked and so often? In my network a raspberry-pi handles the DNS requests, and there I blocked the sites in question for the main Deco. Yet everything continues to work, so the test has no purpose at all, no error messages in the Deco app.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 2

Related Articles