AXE16000 Slow Upload Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-30 10:07:44
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi,

I've just bought TP Link's latest & greatest AXE16000 router for $500 but sadly, I'm finding the upload speeds are very low (around 1 Mbps) - download speeds are fine (300 Mbps). Connection is FTTH, from Etisalat in UAE and I'm on a 300/120 Mbps service which I get when I swap out the AXE16000 with my old router.

Some things I've tried on the AXE16000 but to no avail:

* changed duplex rates to 1000 Mbps instead of Auto select

* tried switching on QoS but this had no effect

* I get low upload speeds on both wired and wireless connections

* Did multiple hard resets but no difference.

* nothing wrong with ethernet cables as using my previous router magically gives upload speeds of around 120 Mbps

* I'm using PPPoE & VLAN=30 for internet as that is required for Etisalat in UAE.

Anyone else seeing such low upload speeds on their AXE16000? My suspicion is, that initial firmware is buggy and router is useless since its severely crippled upload speeds. For the time being I've gone back to my old router which has no issue with upload speeds.

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:AXE16000 Slow Upload Speeds
2022-10-31 09:02:54

@PindDK 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options