Accessing USB Storage on Archer C7 V5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 02:45:16
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211210

Hello,  I am attempting to set up an external hard drive through USB via my Archer C7 and I am having issues.  I would like to use the "enable authentication" n the Folder Sharing settings but my login is not being recognized.

I followed set up guides and my USB drive is recognized by the router.  I used the "use new account" and created a new username and password.  I am using the network neighborhood method for sharing.  I am able to access the drive when "enable authentication" is disabled in the Folder Sharing settings but when I enable authentication my login is not recognized.

Other information

• The drive in question is in a powered enclosure and connected to my C7 router via USB cable and I am able to access my files when "enable authentication" is not selected.
  • My PC is connected to my router via a cat 5 cable.
  • My router is in router mode.
  • I am copy and pasting my password from a password manager when creating my "use new account" and when pasting my login when prompted to access the drive.
  • My PC is running the latest version of windows 10.

Can anyone give me a suggestion to fix my problem? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Accessing USB Storage on Archer C7 V5
2022-12-02 07:17:00

@TAC657 

When the "enable authentication" is enabled, what is the error message?

Try to reboot the computer and check again.

You may also check if the steps in this FAQ help.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 1