Archer AX73 V2 Iphone 11 Connect Wi-Fi But Show UNKNOWN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 12:23:07 - last edited 2022-10-31 22:36:25
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220524

hello, I have a strange problem when my sister connects with iphone 11 unknown network appears,at first I thought someone had hacked my security but this is not the case,all the phones that are connected to the router show what model it is only when the iphone 11 is connected, the unknown network appears does the tp link have something with the iphone ?

and yes I asked my sister to turn off her wifi from her iPhone 11 and the unknown network automatically disappears

the second problem detected there are times when the iphone 11 shows when it has a weak wifi signal even if it is exactly where the router is only on iphone 11 these 2 problems appear,I have not seen any other problems with other phones so far

Screen:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX73 V2 Iphone 11 Connect Wi-Fi But Show UNKNOWN-Solution
2022-10-31 22:23:15 - last edited 2022-10-31 22:36:25

@LordBeerus 

Hi,

First, what is shown in that list are the connected client devices, not "networks".

Second, the names you see in that list (like Galaxy-A53, Galaxy-A8) do not come from a database within the Archer AX73.

The connected devices will report their names to the Archer AX73 the moment they connect to it and that's what you see in that list.

If your sister's iPhone does not report a name to the AX73, then the AX73 just shows UNKNOWN. You may have seen this only once yet, but actually that is not too uncommon. (some other TP-Link models might just show a * instead)

As for why this iPhone shows up as UNKNOWN. There could be several reasons. Maybe the iPhone is intenionally not submitting a name, to disguise its idendity (security settings?). Or maybe your sister just never cared to enter a name in the corresponding field on her iPhone or she purposely deleted its default name?

Regarding the indicated weak wifi signal for the iPhone 11. I would not read too much into that. Maybe the phone is intentionally reducing its signal power to reduce battery consumption.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 V2 Iphone 11 Connect Wi-Fi But Show UNKNOWN-Solution
2022-10-31 22:23:15 - last edited 2022-10-31 22:36:25

@LordBeerus 

Hi,

First, what is shown in that list are the connected client devices, not "networks".

Second, the names you see in that list (like Galaxy-A53, Galaxy-A8) do not come from a database within the Archer AX73.

The connected devices will report their names to the Archer AX73 the moment they connect to it and that's what you see in that list.

If your sister's iPhone does not report a name to the AX73, then the AX73 just shows UNKNOWN. You may have seen this only once yet, but actually that is not too uncommon. (some other TP-Link models might just show a * instead)

As for why this iPhone shows up as UNKNOWN. There could be several reasons. Maybe the iPhone is intenionally not submitting a name, to disguise its idendity (security settings?). Or maybe your sister just never cared to enter a name in the corresponding field on her iPhone or she purposely deleted its default name?

Regarding the indicated weak wifi signal for the iPhone 11. I would not read too much into that. Maybe the phone is intentionally reducing its signal power to reduce battery consumption.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX73 V2 Iphone 11 Connect Wi-Fi But Show UNKNOWN
2022-10-31 23:01:47
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/587484
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 2

Related Articles