TL-WR902AC - Connected to device by Ethernet but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 21:18:05
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello I need help!

I purchased this device today as I wanted to use it as an access point and set up a WiFi network for my outbuilding in my garden which has an Ethernet cable running from the back of my router in the main house to the outbuilding.

When I put an ethernet cable into the TP Link device and to the Ethernet supply slot in the outbuilding the Internet light keeps flashing and when I try to access the internet from my phone, I can't. The power light is solid as expected and so is the WiFi (the 3rd icon), its just the Internet light (the 2nd icon) that keeps flashing. 

However when I connect the TP Link device directly into my main router everything works as it should. 

When I connect my personal laptop by ethernet in the outbuilding it works and I can get on the Internet, but I wasn't able to get on the Internet in the outbuilding with my work laptop.

Can anyone help?!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR902AC - Connected to device by Ethernet but no internet
2022-11-02 23:31:46 - last edited 2022-11-02 23:35:37

@MrMan987 

Make sure you're with the latest FW release for TL-WR902AC - here.

If TL-WR90AC works with a shorter cable connected to your main router, your issue probably is with the long ethernet cable to your outbuilding.

Log in TL-WR902AC web management interface when it is connected in the outbuilding and check its LAN IP address:

Then connect TL-WR902AC direcly to your main router and make the same check and compare. If there's a difference then TL-WR902AC doesn't like your outbuilding cable.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 1

Related Articles