DECO APP MALFUNCTION

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO APP MALFUNCTION

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO APP MALFUNCTION
DECO APP MALFUNCTION
2022-11-04 09:36:52 - last edited 2022-11-10 09:30:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have multiple versions of DECO mesh routers on my app. X60, M4 and S7. I was always logging in and managing them until I wasn't able. 

When I enter username email address and password, all I receive back is "Failed to login. Please try again"

I've changed password to no improvement or difference.

What can I do?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
[Solution]Failed to login. Please try again-Solution
2022-11-07 08:11:34 - last edited 2022-11-10 11:15:26

@VICTOR_Ug 

Update:

Hi,  After further troubleshooting with other users, the engineer is able to locate the problem and there are two solutions available for the current issue:

1. Please install the latest Android APP: Deco APP 3.0.19 via APK.

2. or Update Deco S7 to firmware: Deco S7 V1 1.1. How to update the firmware manually via web UI: How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Please let me know whether it is working or not.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
[Solution]Failed to login. Please try again-Solution
2022-11-07 08:11:34 - last edited 2022-11-10 11:15:26

@VICTOR_Ug 

Update:

Hi,  After further troubleshooting with other users, the engineer is able to locate the problem and there are two solutions available for the current issue:

1. Please install the latest Android APP: Deco APP 3.0.19 via APK.

2. or Update Deco S7 to firmware: Deco S7 V1 1.1. How to update the firmware manually via web UI: How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Please let me know whether it is working or not.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:DECO APP MALFUNCTION
2022-11-07 20:43:17

@David-TP, this still hasn't solved the issue. I've installed the app via an apk download, but I'm getting the same error.

Please advise further. 

Options
2022-11-08 01:14:18

@VICTOR_Ug 

Thanks for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you could get my email.

Just a double-check, are you able to log into the Deco App 3.0 when connecting to Deco's own Wi-Fi? (No VPN, 4G, or any other network has been enabled on the Tab at this moment.)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-18 09:02:18

@David-TP, I finally managed to access my DECOs. However that's only while connected locally to the network.

I have been implementing mesh networks using DECOs on a big campus. So, a couple of DECOs with different masters.

However, because access to DECO settings is only while physically connected to its network means the only way I can add another network, under the same tplink account, is while I'm connected to its network.

What then happens if I have to start a new connection from am existing network? This is like a question of a hen and an egg: what came first.

The previous provision where I could log into the account and access all registered devices was much better. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 377

Replies: 4

Related Articles