Downgrade firmware on archer AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-04 20:51:21
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

How do you downgrade the firmware on the Archer AX50 when you get the unable to upgrade firmware message.  I know that support has helped people do this which means that there is a way, but support is deleting posts how to do this.  The old ways of getting into recovery mode do not work.  Please someone tell us how to do this so people like me don't waste hours of our lives.  It's things like this that  make me not wan't to ever purchase a tp-link product ever again.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Downgrade firmware on archer AX50
2022-11-07 07:23:43

@WSteeleNYC 

Why do you want to downgrade the firmware? I believe the new official firmware has enhanced device security, I don't suggest downgrading to older versions.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-07 13:42:40

@Liverpool20  It doesn't matter what you believe, nor do I owe anyone an explanation why.  Because I want to and that's all that matters.  It's really strange that TP-Link no longer shares the mechanism to do an emergency recovery to flash on their wifi 6 routers.  They are actually legally required to allow this as a result of a lawsuit and settlement requiring them to allow flashing of open source firmware.  Anyway, like I said, it's my hardware and I have the right to do with it as I please without question.

Options
2022-11-08 01:54:32

@WSteeleNYC 

If you say that, I guess only TP-Link can explain or help you.

You'd better show them what is the current firmware version of your AX50, and which firmware you would like to downgrade to, then they may help you further.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-10 19:33:55

@Liverpool20 No.  I shouldn't have to provide them with any of that information.  They should provide the instructions I asked for.  it's as simple as that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 581

Replies: 4

Related Articles