AV600 additional plugs and wires

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 14:46:23

Hi 

Looking for some advice, I have purchased TP Link Powerline starter kit AV600,  and have wired 1 of the plugs into the modem in the living room , and another plug wired upstairs into my sons PS5 - this works perfectly.

Ideally I would like to plug another one into my office upstairs and connct to my laptop usimg an ethernet cable - my question is what plug do I need to buy ? does it have to be a AV600 ? od can it be any TP link plug ?

thanks

Janet 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 additional plugs and wires
2022-11-08 23:21:33

@Janet_J 

Hey

You can theoretically buy any plug and this will work OK.  However if you purchase a newer model plug, say one of the AV1200 models.. this will only run at AV600 speeds.

The AV600 plugs you have are known as AC1 models, the newer "faster" plugs like the AV1200 / AV2000 etc are AC2 models.   AC2 is backwards compatible with AC1 so its all good!

In basic terms, should you be curious?   AC1 uses just 1 wire to communicate, AC2 uses 2 wires for double the speed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 1

Related Articles