IP Address issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IP Address issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IP Address issue
IP Address issue
2013-08-01 19:48:41
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.1 v000c.0 Build 130415 Rel.34164n

ISP :

I have this router running for few days and i love it, before i start enplaning anything i would like to clarify how my network is set up because probably i will be asked before trying to solve my problem.

In my home network i have:

1) One Adsl router
2) Two Buffalo wifi powerlines
3) Two TP-link powerline (not wifi)

I have my main Router TD-W8970 in the first floor connected by ethernet cable from port 1 LAN to buffalo powerline in the second floor and in the third floor i have my second buffalo powerline communication with Buffalo though our home electrical circuits.

Then i have my TD-W8970 ADSl router connected from port 2 LAN to TP-Link powerline and the other TP-link powerline is connected in the guest room (same setup as buffalo powerline)

My issue is simple and it's not related to my network everything works great.... except sometimes the ADSL router won't assign IP address and it shows in my PC "limited connection" with yello exclamation mark in windows 7 signal wifi signal and in my Mac "connection timeout" with an exclamation mark as well. The issue last from about 10 minutes and everything goes normal with out any problems.

From this point i can't access the internet or the router setting page. However even if i am not able to access the internet or the router page from my ADSL router i still can access everything in my network when i am connected to my buffalo powerline....

Though connecting to Buffalo powerline by wifi i access the internet and the my ADSL router settings and as i enter the setting it show that i am connected to the internet...

It really bugs when my ADSL router won't assign IP address and i have to rely in my BUffalo powerline to keep connected.

Note: The issue repeats about everyday for a short time i got it yesterday and today.

Note: My wifi channels are not overlapping i have different channels.

Note: I have my DHCP server enable in the ADSL and disabled in the in all of the powerlines.

One thing i would like to mention is that when devices can't access the internet because of the router simply i connect to my Buffalo powerline then i enter my ADSL IP address once i am in the settings i change the wifi channel to any another channel, then the ADSl starts working. However, i have to repeat the methods each time my ADSL hands
Options
6 Reply
Re:IP Address issue
2013-08-04 08:20:40
Hi.
"My issue is simple and it's not related to my network everything works great.... except sometimes the ADSL router won't assign IP address and it shows in my PC "limited connection" with yello exclamation mark in windows 7 signal wifi signal and in my Mac "connection timeout" with an exclamation mark as well. The issue last from about 10 minutes and everything goes normal with out any problems."
So the windows 7 and MAC computers are connected to the wireless network of Buffalo wifi powerlines? If you connect the computer to the Buffalo wifi powerlines by an Ethernet cable, does the computer still have the same problem?

When computers are connected to the wireless network of TD-W8970, how about the connection? If you connect the computers directly to the LAN ports of TD-W8970 by Ethernet cables, does Internet connection work fine?
Options
2013-08-04 21:24:49
So the windows 7 and MAC computers are connected to the wireless network of Buffalo wifi powerlines? If you connect the computer to the Buffalo wifi powerlines by an Ethernet cable, does the computer still have the same problem?

Everything works when connected to Buffalo powerline whither wireless or wirelessly.

When computers are connected to the wireless network of TD-W8970, how about the connection? If you connect the computers directly to the LAN ports of TD-W8970 by Ethernet cables, does Internet connection work fine?

When connected wirelessly to my TP-Link router it connects ok for about 14 hours, after the 14 hours every device in my network stops connecting wirelessly to my router and i have to restart the modem, but when connected via ethernet everything works well and i don't have any kind of issue nor i have to restart or mess with anything at all.

See this thread discussing the same exact problem as i am, please have a look at it it will give you better understanding of my issue since i am updating my results there.
Options
2013-08-06 19:35:18
It seems is issue is fixed now...

To fix the problem i reset my router then upgraded to the previous update (130201) after that i reset my router again and upgraded to the latest update (130415). Now didn't have any disconnection since two days!

Usually i am not able to connect to my router every 14 hours.

It seems when bought the router jumped directly from older update to (130415) without going through (130201) update, which mainly includes the fix.
Options
2013-08-17 16:28:14
Hi.
Are you still having the problem? I see your reply in another thread.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?2616-TD-W8970-Wireless-connection-problems

Your Galaxy Nexus mobile phone, Macbook Mid 2009 and Acer ASPRIE 5738ZG are connected directly to the wireless network of TD-W8970, rather than the wireless network of Buffalo wifi powerlines, right?
If yes, they are connected to the 2.4GHz network? Or 5GHz network? What is the security type of the network?
When they disconnect from the wireless network of the modem, such as MAC computer, can you ping 192.168.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 on MAC computer?

Have you tried to change the wireless channel and channel width?
Options
2013-08-17 19:25:52
Yes i am having the same problem.
Yes they are connected directly to my TP-Link router.
They are connected to 2.4GHz.
The security type is (Authentication Type: Auto and Encryption Type: Auto)
Yes the ping works just fine and i tried changing everything you have mentioned, yet still it's not working and many people have the same complains.
Options
2013-08-19 17:50:33
You can give it a try to change the mode to 11g and see if the connection can be better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 764

Replies: 6

Related Articles