Unable to connect to TP-Link Cloud...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-13 12:18:28
Model: Deco M3  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

For a couple of years I've been running a Deco S4 (3 pack) faultlessly using my Virgin Hub3 in modem mode: it has just worked except for the very occasional down-time from Virgin cable.

Presumably caused by Virgin's recent upgrade to around 260/26 Mbs, I had to switch my Virgin gear back to router mode before any internet access was available - however I am now getting the advertised speeds both up and down, and Virgin's wifi is working OK as far as it goes.

My trouble is getting the TP-Link gear back into action: just switching the Hub3 into modem mode and plugging everything back as it was doesn't work (red lights on the Deco units and no wifi).

I guess I may need to reinstall the Deco system from scratch and set it up again with my devices, however on logging into the Deco app on my phone I get an error - "Failed to connect to TP-Link Cloud. Please check your wi-fi or mobile data connection" and I get this whether I'm connected to the web via Virgin wifi or via phone data, and whether or not the Deco units are powered up. So, I can't see how to get past first base.

Many thanks for any advice!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to TP-Link Cloud...
2022-11-15 09:45:21

@Drmarkf I'm no further forward on this: please can anyone advise on how to reset the Deco units and connect again to the Virgin Hub3 in modem mode?

Thanks.

Options
2022-11-15 10:05:48 - last edited 2022-11-15 10:07:52

@Drmarkf Hi, sorry for the delay.

Please hold the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1s to do a factory reset, then wait until the LED becomes flashing blue and you are ready to set it up again.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-s4/#video

If any error messages appeared this time, please leave a picture for me.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-23 15:39:16

@Drmarkf Thanks: all now sorted.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 3

Related Articles