Deco X-73 upload speed halved

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-13 12:52:10
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 build 20211231 rel 42213

I'm having problems setting this up with BT fibre. It's download speed is perfect but the upload speed has halved. And I can't understand why. Does anyone have the definitive connection details for BT Fibre 2, 80/20 - actual about 65/17 I'm locked synced to 67/11 

Thank you 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X-73 upload speed halved
2022-11-15 10:01:20

@launton Hi,  Does your BT fiber provide a DSL connection?

If yes, can I have some screenshots of the DSL sync info on the Deco X73-DSL? >>How to check DSL sync status on Deco DSL model

Before using Deco X73-DSL, Did you use a BT-provided modem and how much upload would you get?

Please also to go HomeSheild and set QOS to 100m/s download/upload to see whether it helped improve the speed.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-15 12:10:54

@David-TP 

Hi, Thank you 

I am indeed connected to DSL, the old router is back in play and is syncing at:

Downstream sync speed: 65.209 Mbps

Upstream sync speed: 16.986 Mbps

I've presently returned to the supplied hub and am using my Deco's as an access point. I haven't (yet) tried the other settings you suggested but I will and report back. I may wait for a new firmware version to see if it makes any difference. 

Info from DSL-X73 

DSL

Line Status:

Connected

DSL Up Time:

0 days 0 hours 31 minutes

DSL Modulation Type:

VDSL2

Annex Type:

Annex auto

Current Rate (up/down):

11190/67620kbps

Max Rate (up/down):

11219/81347kbps

SNR Margin (up/down):

6/6dB

Line Attenuation (up/down):

15/9dB

Errors (up/down):

0/8pkts

I can change DSL modulation type:

bold is selected

autosync-up

T1.423

VDSL2

(Ive ignored the ADSL listed as this is FTTC)

Annex type:

auto* 

Annex A/L

Annex B/L

Annex A/I/J/L/M

Bit swap (is on)

SRA is off

I promise to report back on this thread in the near future as I will want to use the DSL-X73 as it was expensive. I can also set it up independently/alone and check settings there without wrecking my existing setup.  I'll be back as soon as, and thank you for the reply, I'll aslo include some cabinet info 

Options
2022-11-17 12:14:19

@David-TP

Thanks but your suggestions made no difference to upload sync. My BT router firmware now has a lot of extras like IPv6 info and Pinhole additions. I have added it as a simple extra mesh deco until a new firmware is released which may help with the autosetup. 

Cheers

John

Options
2022-11-21 10:51:31

HI

I did some reading for a week (always good) and note that the X20-DSL had been pushed a (beta) firmware update which fixed a problem with connecting via BT VDSL. I'd like someone from tp-link to reply to this thread when a new firmware is pushed to the X73-DSL so I can try that for this upload problem please. I'll check back periodically as well, otherwise I've dumped £179 down the drain :(

I've added the X73-DSL as an access point mesh device so hopefully I'll see a upgrade when it's released, unless you would like me to try beta, which I'm happy to do.

Cheers for the help so far all, I'm very gratefull. 

John

Options