Deco X20 2.4ghz band not passing traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 20:41:18
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20211103

Since Monday my Deco X20 wifi will not pass 2.4ghz traffic. I can see various devices connected at 2.4ghz in the app, but there is zero traffic up or down and no new 2.4ghz device can join. I tried creating an open guest network (no password) with only the 2.4ghz band, and that shows up as an available network, but again, nothing can join it, including my iPhone. If I change the settings to allow 2.4 and 5, then I can join the guest network.

I deleted the entire network and set it all up again from scratch. The setup went fine, but the problem persists. It's like the 2.4ghz radio is dead or at least not working properly. Does resetting each node using the reset button on the bottom of the device do anything that just deleting the network and starting over does not do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 2.4ghz band not passing traffic
2022-11-18 03:31:19

@Msix Hi, Do you have any 2.4ghz clients that are still connected to Deco WiFi and would they have any internet service over 2.4ghz?

I see you had the Deco for a while and since it just started this Monday, would there be anything unusual happening to Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X20 2.4ghz band not passing traffic
2022-11-18 03:58:20

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I'm not sure why, but the 2.4ghz band started working again this evening. Maybe deleting the network and setting it back up again, as I did earlier today, fixed the issue after all. I can now join devices to the network and it is passing traffic normally. My IoT devices are all responding now. Just as quickly as the problem appeared, it seems to have resolved itself. Very odd. I'll continue to monitor the network to see if it remains stable. Hopefully it will.

Thanks for your response.

Mark J.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 2

Related Articles