Starlink router recommendation please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-21 18:42:18

I currently use a combo of the MR-600 with 4G SIM, in an annexe, a point to point to get the network into my main house from the router, and six P9 mesh devices connected to the P2P in the house. ie

4G antenna —> MR-600 —> P2P Tx —— 80 feet ——> P2P Rx —> P9 Master —> P9 Slaves.

I am replacing the MR600 and antenna with a Starlink dish.

The antenna is on the annexe, as will be the Starlink dish, as the main house is Grade 2 listed.

The annexe is 80+ feet from the main house, hence the Point to Point.

The main house is cobb construction with very thick walls, hence the use of the P9 mesh units (power line fallback being useful).

My question is - which of the TP Link routers would you recommend I replace the MR600 with?

I shall be using the Starlink ethernet adapter and bypassing the Starlink router.

I don’t imagine any router placed in the annexe would reach or cover the house due to the distance and construction of the house.

The MR600 has a number of directly cabled ethernet devices as well as an 8 port Gigabit switch with further devices.

The MR600 range has been satisfactory within the annexe, and the P2P with Mesh arrangement works OK in the house.

Do I even need to replace the MR600?
Thinking as Black Friday is here, I might take the opportunity to splurge for the future, as the only reason I have the MR600 is the 4G.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Starlink router recommendation please
2022-11-25 09:27:52

@anyoldname 

You can connect the Starlink router directly to the P2P Tx.

If you want to add a Wi-Fi router between them, any of the Wi-Fi routers or Deco will do.

You can check the following thread:

How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 1

Related Articles