Votes

Seperate DNS for guest network

Votes

Seperate DNS for guest network

16 Reply
RE:Seperate <span class='search-highlight'>DNS</span> for <span class='search-highlight'>guest</span> network
2023-12-09 18:25:22
When using a home-hosted DNS solution, the guest network becomes useless without this feature.
Options
RE:Seperate DNS for guest network
2024-02-24 07:31:04 - last edited 2024-02-24 07:39:02

We really need a separate dns for the quest network ! 

I have family quests every now and then.

My neighbour is running AirPnP.

Another neighbour has a two family house.

A friend of mine has a small  car repair shop and he lives in the same building.

I have my own html servers in my home network

I am using Pi-hole to get rid of the ads. If there is a secondary dns server written to the router, Kookle and Microshot are using that and the ads are again flooding in.

The only way we have found is to buy anothet routers.

I have managed to share my laserprinter by connecting it to my home network with ethernet cable and to quest network by HP JetDirect

Options
2024-06-05 02:45:09
It seems to be highly requested.
Options
Re:Seperate DNS for guest network
2024-06-28 17:24:54

@anoncontainer Today I had guests and soon discovered they couldn't connect to the Internet because of this issue.
I run my own DNS server but because I don't give my guest network access to my main network they can't get name resolution.
So I would like this feature too.

Options
2024-07-19 15:09:48
Ran into this issue as well on my Archer AXE300 since I also use pi-hole and guest devices have to be manually updated. Why has this issue not been tackled by now.... I have seen multiple requests for dns override over the years for guest networks.
Options
2024-07-21 13:41:08
Can understand why this doesn't exist yet and why there is no support for dns over https
Options

Voters 16

+ 12 Voters