Conenction lost RE650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Conenction lost RE650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Conenction lost RE650
Conenction lost RE650
2022-11-22 09:33:57
Tags: #re650
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been using the RE650 for over a year now and nothing but issues. Downstairs I got the router from my telecom provider (KPN) and I have the RE650 on the first level of my house. Now and then it loses the 5ghz or 2.4ghz connection. Lights from that type of connection also go off. If I unplug it and put it back again it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes it helps by restarting the router. Also sometimes when I watch television on my iPad at the second level with 5ghz it stops the connection. That is a bit frustrating. Can someone help me?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Conenction lost RE650
2022-11-24 12:13:01

@RobertDv 

Hi, can I also have the hardware and firmware version of RE650?

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Change the wireless channel on the main router to channel 11 for 2.4ghz, channel 48 for 5ghz

---it is also suggested to run the WiFi analyzer to find out the most appropriate channels.

2. Reserve the IP address for RE650 on the main router.

And I was wondering, without RE650 on the second floor, will you have a stable connection? Maybe we could consider relocating RE650 and plugging it in the middle way between the downstairs router and clients. A clear sight from the main router to RE650 would be perfect.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Conenction lost RE650
2022-12-02 15:22:54 - last edited 2022-12-02 15:26:03

@RobertDv If you do a little research online, this isn't an uncommon issue.  Mine is as up-to-date for firmware as it can get, and it still is constantly dropping out on me.  Good luck!  I'd recommend getting something different.

Check your log file of the range extender.  It sounds as if it is completely shutting down and restarting.  I don't think they can fix that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 2

Tags

re650
Related Articles