Are Deco products that are Wifi 6 backwards compatible with older generations like wifi 4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Are Deco products that are Wifi 6 backwards compatible with older generations like wifi 4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-23 03:59:56

I am planning on buying a mesh wifi system for my house. I live in Africa and my country is still using WiFi 4, so will a wifi 6 deco unit work with wifi 4. Or is there deco products specifically for wifi 4?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Are Deco products that are Wifi 6 backwards compatible with older generations like wifi 4?
2022-11-24 06:20:02

@haitch 

Hi, Wi-Fi 6 is backward compatible with older generations like WiFi 4.

So far. Deco does not have a modem specifically for WiFi 4. If you are not intended to purchase any WiFi 6 clients soon, I suggest you could have a look at our Wi-Fi 5 models:

(You could turn off 5ghz and leave 2.4ghz only if 5ghz is not needed.)

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/?filterby=4809

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 1

Related Articles