The US version of the Archer C64 doesn't have any firmware updates available but the EU version does

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The US version of the Archer C64 doesn't have any firmware updates available but the EU version does

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-23 09:06:21 - last edited 2022-11-23 09:41:03
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

I bought the TP-Link Archer C64 Router from a local retailer and they gave me the US version of this router. I saw that with a firmware update this router would support OneMesh. But when I went to the firmware updates page it didn't contain any firmware updates. But after going to the firmware updates page for the Indian TP link website, I saw that it has a firmware update available, but it's only for the EU version.  

So my question now is, does the US version support OneMesh? Or can I not update the firmware on the US version at all? Or do I have to wait for a firmware update to be  available

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The US version of the Archer C64 doesn't have any firmware updates available but the EU version does-Solution
2022-11-23 09:23:24 - last edited 2022-11-23 09:41:03

@WasiMaster 

C64(US) should support Onemesh in the original firmware. Are you using it in Router mode or Access Point mode? It only works in Router mode when using Onemesh.

You can check for updates on the router web page or via the Tether app.

Maybe @Kevin_Z can help with the firmware update on the website.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:The US version of the Archer C64 doesn't have any firmware updates available but the EU version does-Solution
2022-11-23 09:23:24 - last edited 2022-11-23 09:41:03

@WasiMaster 

C64(US) should support Onemesh in the original firmware. Are you using it in Router mode or Access Point mode? It only works in Router mode when using Onemesh.

You can check for updates on the router web page or via the Tether app.

Maybe @Kevin_Z can help with the firmware update on the website.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:The US version of the Archer C64 doesn't have any firmware updates available but the EU version does
2022-11-23 09:23:56 - last edited 2022-12-06 20:05:53

@WasiMaster 

You can confirm that you have the US version by the bottom sticker of the router.

If you have US FW version indeed - here is the US FW version available with OneMesh implemented.

Keep in mind that Archer C64 is planned to have EasyMesh feature implemented soon - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:The US version of the Archer C64 doesn't have any firmware updates available but the EU version does
2022-11-23 09:41:47

@Liverpool20 Thank you! I just didn't check the settings thoroughly enough. Sorry for bothering you guys

Options
2022-11-23 09:45:10 - last edited 2022-11-23 12:27:48

@terziyski   Thanks! I can confirm that it's the US version. And after looking in the settings I can see the onemesh feature. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 4

Related Articles