Automatic connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Automatic connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Automatic connections
Automatic connections
2022-11-23 13:00:44

I have setup my deco 50 normally and connected to my existing router, given a new ssid name and put the same password I had before. Why do devices get connected automatically to my new mesh network, without having to select it and without typing the password. My wifi printer, my TV, and anybody who comes into the house that previously had my old and existing old network as a known network, gets connected automatically. Is it because they get authenticated in my old network and then get transferred ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Automatic connections
2022-11-24 06:12:44

@spidergoy Hi, welcome to the community. This can't be right. The mobile phone might know the password since it is used to set up. But the TV and printer still need to input the password once for the new SSID even though the password is the same as the ISP router.

If you change the SSID again to something else, and still use the same password, will TV and printer get connected automatically again?

By the way, What is the model number of your existing router? 

Did Deco X50 work in wireless router mode or access point mode?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 84

Replies: 1

Related Articles