DECO M9 NO INTERNET AND UNSTABLE ISSUES

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 12:09:42
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

My system started developing issues after only 11 months.

Everything was working perfectly with excellent speeds.

The wifi started becoming unstable when using web or social media on wifi.  Wired connections were fine.

Then we had a complete drop out, with no wifi.  Then we had wifi but a lot slower, even though speed tests confirmed speeds of 500mbps.  We would be watching a film on Sky and the film would stop, etc.

Today, everything has stopped working, including connections via ethernet.  Sometimes internet will start working for a while and stop again.

The deco app will sometimes report everything is fine despite the main one having a red light.  Sometimes it will say everything is fine and the main deco has a green light, but internet is not working or is extremely slow.  When there is a green light, the test speed function will often not work as it failed to connect.

Virgin say that there is 1.14GB going into the hub 4.

Sky was not working via the ethernet, so I connected it via wifi directly to the Virgin hub 4, cutting out the Deco and now it is working fine.

My whole house is networked.  We have sky, sonos, lights, etc set up.

Set up is:

Virgin Hub 4 as main router

Main Deco in access point mode (we had to set it up this way for sonos and sky, everything worked perfectly)

24 port switch unmanaged

Satelite decos are connected via networked ports which go back to the switch.

The deco is running pretty hot, but Ive read this is quite normal.

We have only owned the units for 14 months in total, so they are relatively new.

We are suddenly having so many issues.  Can someone please help?!!!

Thanks

Rob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 0

Related Articles