Deco M5 Wireless Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Wireless Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Wireless Speed
Deco M5 Wireless Speed
2022-11-28 05:36:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Hi,

I've been trying different solutions to my problem and I can't seem to figure it out. 

Main Problem: I'm connected to the 2nd Deco on a 5Ghz Network and I can't seem to get anything more than 100Mbps my ISP speed is suppose to be 250mbps

My Set-up is this

ISP Modem -> Main Deco M5 (connected with a CAT 6 Cable from Modem) -> 2nd Deco M5 (Wireless to Main Deco)

Connection Mode: Wifi Router

Here's what I've tested 

a.) Deco App QOS Speed Test  - I'm getting 240 - 260 Mbps as network speed 

b.) Did a speed test (ookla) on the 1st floor where the main Deco is and I'm getting the 240-250Mbps speed)

c.) Moved up to the 2nd floor where the 2nd Deco is located and I'm only getting 100Mbps max (Checked the connection and I'm connected on the 5GHZ band 

d.) did Wifi diagnostics on the Deco Lab on the app and seeing only 100 Mbps bandwidth

e.) Deco placement is just 1 floor away about 4-5 

What I've adjusted 

a.) Removed QOS and set max speed of a gigabit

So my question, is the wireless connection between two deco just limited to a 100Mbps bandwith and to get full speed I have to connect them with an ethernet cable? (Hopefully I don't have to do this)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Wireless Speed
2022-11-28 14:47:23 - last edited 2022-11-28 15:04:56

@louyu 

Deco M5 can do better than 100Mbps on WiFi. I have mine delivering faster speeds. 

The speed from Satellite Deco depends from Deco placement and obstacles (walls, floors, etc.) between Satellite Deco and Main Deco. I suggest you run two following tests to see what you have.

1. Check quality of connection between Satellite Deco and Main Deco. In Deco app, open Satellite Deco page and you'll see the following:

The signal must be Good or Fair. If it is Weak, your Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco.

2. Power off Satellite Deco, stand where it is and run from that spot speed test with your device connected to Main Deco by WiFi. As Satellite Deco uses standard WiFi protocols to communicate with Main Deco, whatever speed test results you'll get on your device - Satellite Deco won't deliver faster speeds. 

--------

If you can connect Satellite Deco with Main Deco by Ethernet cable, your Satellite Deco speeds will be the same as Main Deco speeds.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 1

Related Articles