Frequent disconnections in wired AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 08:25:30 - last edited 2022-12-01 06:36:16
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 220924 Rel.63783n(5553)

I have bought Archer C6 V4 like 2 to 3 days ago and have been using it in AP mode (wired), and i already have faced 2 disconnections. I followed the proper procedure for using it in AP mode ( C6 V4 supports AP mode ). I checked if the router provided by my ISP has any issues or anything. ISP provided router is absolutely okay and all of its ports, wifi connections are alright. Problem seems to be with the new Archer C6 firmware? I don't know. I restarted the Tp Link router first time i was having this issue. It worked fine after that. Then again like after 14 to 15 hrs, the same problem, again got disconnected from the ISP provided router. What's the point if everytime I have to reboot the C6 router to bring it back online? I want a detailed analysis of things that might be causing this issue and a permanent solution.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Frequent disconnections in wired AP mode
2022-12-01 06:51:53

@itip 

When the internet drops on the Archer C6, does the internet LED turn orange? Is the WAN port or LAN port of the Archer C6 connected to the ISP provided router, what if you try the other?

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

What is the brand and model of the ISP provided router? Is the Archer C6 connected to the ISP provided router directly? How far from each other?

Options
2022-12-02 06:34:26 - last edited 2022-12-02 06:36:58

@Kevin_Z 1) No the LED does not turn orange. remains green. that surprised me too. i immediately checked the internet connection from the ISP router, it was completely fine there. i reconnected to Archer C6, there was no internet connection --> ( both  LAN and wifi of the Archer C6 didn't have any internet whereas the ISP router had ).

2) WAN port of the Tp-Link router is connected to one of the LAN port. I did not attempt the LAN to LAN connection. in the manual its mentioned to go with WAN to LAN connection. Also the link you shared addresses to go with WAN to LAN connection, so......

3) My ISP is Jio Fiber. Model no:   JCOW414

yes they are connected through an Ethernet cable, and the Archer C6 is being used as an Access Point. the Ethernet cable is nearly a meter long  

I recently talked to Tp-Link support. he advised me to make the CHANNEL WIDTH for both ISP router and the Archer C6 same! ( currently both of them are set to 80 MHz for the 5GHz wifi and 20 MHz for the other one ); nevertheless, its working fine now after i changed the settings as directed by the Tp-Link Support. i don't know if it was actually caused by this. please let me know if there is any alternative.  

Options
2022-12-17 12:59:57

@itip 

Did it work for you?

I have quite a similar problem.

I bought C6 v4 yesterday to have it as a AP and after like 20 minutes i loose connection and i need to unplug the Ethernet that comes from the main router and re-plug to restore the connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 3