Wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi speed
Wifi speed
2022-12-01 16:47:16
Tags: #wifi m5 deco
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.14.24

I am not sure about the hardware version-where can I find this? I am testing the speed, and the Deco is performing well when testing the signal to the Deco. Typical values of >600 Mbps for both download and upload.

But when testing the actual speed on the devices connected by wifi to the mesh network-the performance is quite poor. Typical values of about 70 Mbps for upload and about 20 Mbps for download. I have measured the wifi speed on PC, iPad and iPhone.  

What should I do in order to increase the wifi performance? Or does this indicate that there is something wrong with the Decos? I have run the network optimization and updated the Decos.

I think the Decos should be "plug&play" so I am not pleased with the performance I am experiencing.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi speed
2022-12-02 11:05:10

@Mummitrollet 

Hi, were you connected to the main Deco M5 or satellite M5 when the speed was tested at about 70m/s-upload/20m/s-download? 

"Typical values of >600 Mbps for both download and upload" is tested via "Test Internet  Speed" on the Deco APP, right?

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. make sure the QOS has been disabled or set up 1000m/s upload and download

2. turn off 2.4ghz only and leave the 5ghz only.

And Ethernet Backhaul is also helpful for the satellite Deco M5 to have a higher speed. You could have a look at this link:

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Best regards.

Options
Re:Wifi speed
2022-12-05 14:38:15

@Mummitrollet FYI, the hardware version is written at the bottom of the router

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 2