M5 and E4 add on not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 20:16:41
Tags: #M5
Model: Deco M5   Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I recently added S7 as my main router. The rest of the deco devices i have (M5 and E4) are unable to join the new network even after performing reset and other troubleshooting steps. Color remains to be white

m5 

e4

Options
3 Reply
Re:M5 and E4 add on not working
2022-12-05 02:37:47

@Steladiva 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would there be any error message on Deco APP when Deco M5 and E4 are unable to join the network? 

---If yes, can I have a screenshot of it?

" Color remains to be white", are you talking about the LED of Deco S7? How about the LED status on the M5/E4?

Could you please also refer to this link to submit the Deco APP log to us?

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-05 07:52:00

@David-TP 

thanks David for the quick revert. So intially i set up S7 as my main router then added M4R as secondary and E4Rs. But it was not successful. When I check the hierarchy of adding deco units i noticed they fall on the same family. So what i did is brought back the M4R as the main router added S7 next then the E4Rs. It worked but my concern is who can throw the highest bandwidth between M4R and S7 since my broadband is at 500Mbps. 

Attaching the screenshot of the error when I do the S7->M4R->E4R config

Options
2022-12-05 09:08:20

@Steladiva 

Hi, Both Deco M4 and Deco S7 are capable of 500m/s. Since Deco S7 has a higher link speed(5 GHz: 1300 Mbps +2.4 GHz: 600 Mbps), the same device normally could get a higher wireless speed from S7. So I would suggest S7 working as the main Deco.

Since now you are able to add S7 as the satellite Mesh of M4, have you ever tried to directly change a new Deco as the main unit via Deco APP to see whether it worked this time:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 287

Replies: 3

Tags

M5
Related Articles