Firmware 1.6.1 update causing issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-05 20:13:54
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

Updated Firmware yesterday and now 2 of my 3 units are offline. Both units have a green light but the app say they are offline. There was something about not finding the ip address for them. The app says only the main Deco unit is online but nothing will connect to the Network. Can I step back to a previous Firmware version? 

Thanks

Robbie

Options
3 Reply
Re:Firmware 1.6.1 update causing issues
2022-12-06 04:49:22

@hickeymaster 

I'm surprised this issue is still a thing on the official 1.6.1 firmware, we still have it on the beta firmware for M9+ now for the past 4 months and TP-LINK doesn't release any new updates since August, this is by far the worst beta program of all time lol, the good thing is you can still use the network without any problems since it's not actually offline but you can't use the app properly because of this issue. 

Options
2022-12-06 09:54:15

@hickeymaster 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did you update the firmware from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1?

Could you please help me submit the APP log here: How to submit Deco APP log

"The app says only the main Deco unit is online but nothing will connect to the Network", do you mean all the devices are unable to connect to any Deco's wireless network even though APP said the main M5 was still online?

Would there be any error message on the devices when they failed to connect to the network?

And Deco 1.6.1 could be downgraded back to 1.6.0 via web UI directly.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-06 10:02:49

@xQuantum 

Thanks for the reply. I contacted the tec support team last night and they got it sorted. Well as I was text chatting to them it started working so I guess they did some magic on their end. 

Thanks again

xQuantum wrote

@hickeymaster 

I'm surprised this issue is still a thing on the official 1.6.1 firmware, we still have it on the beta firmware for M9+ now for the past 4 months and TP-LINK doesn't release any new updates since August, this is by far the worst beta program of all time lol, the good thing is you can still use the network without any problems since it's not actually offline but you can't use the app properly because of this issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 811

Replies: 3