Firmware Update for X73-DSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-08 23:20:30
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, Just wondering if there are any planned firmware updates for the X73-DSL in the horizon as I don't think there has been any for a very long time.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Firmware Update for X73-DSL
2022-12-09 02:43:34

@Bungle 

Hi, I think the new firmware is under the plan.

Have you experienced any issues so far or Do you have any expected features in the new firmware?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-09 10:52:18

@Bungle 

hi,

I have deco series m9plus, x60, x73dsl. I have always had problems with them. With the latest firmware for m9plus, some problems were fixed, but others always had problems.

Although I have reported my problems many times, I could not reach a solution and now I had to switch to other brand models.

I am using zyxel and ASUS products as another brand.

Options
2022-12-26 11:51:05

Hi  @David-TP,

I am awaiting a firmware update for the X73-DSL  also, to implement the new features and fixes which came with firmware 1.60 for the M5/ M9 etc.. and 1.10 for the X68 etc.. 

Some of the main features being:

* ability to add Tapo devices not just Kasa

* choose Deco node signal source for each Deco

* client connection preference

* no-ip and dynDNS support

and for fixes I would like to see 

* random lockouts - where the Deco device does not allow access via the app or Telnet and all devices loose connection.

* setting address reservations, port forwarding or QoS causes all devices to loose connection for 30 seconds average.

Do you have any idea on when we should expect this firmware ?

Options
2023-02-18 17:00:49

Hi  @David-TP ,

Has there been any progress on the firmware update for the X73-DSL?  

I was told it would be within 6 months over a year ago.

This device needs bringing inline with all other Deco devices, particularly with the ability to control Tapo devices and also not having to reset the router every few days so it doesn't lock out for 30 minutes. 

Options
2023-02-20 06:16:00

@BenGinders 

Hello,

I have had problems with this device that I have mentioned before, and I think there is still no improvement, which is really a little sad for us. There has been a silence for a long time, probably a new version of firmware is given for most devices in the near future.

Kind regards.

Options
2023-02-20 20:48:04

Hey  @mrcoco,

Thanks for the reply, and I 100% agree, this device really needs an update.  The weekly lockouts alone are enough to warrent an update. Not sure of you get the same but when it happens all device disconnect and take upto 20 minutes to reconnect.  During the same time I am unable to access the app or webpage to see what is going on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 793

Replies: 6

Related Articles