Ranger Extenders - Alternative to logging into each Ranger Extender in different parts of the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ranger Extenders - Alternative to logging into each Ranger Extender in different parts of the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-12 06:54:11 - last edited 2022-12-12 06:56:36
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer AV1600 Router and have just connected two RE200 Range Extenders.

The WiFi signal from the Range Extenders is excellent. The only issue is that you have to login either to the router or the Range Extender that you're nearest to.

As I have little clue of what I'm doing, I need some advice.

I want to be able to roam my house and for my phone, iPad etc to pick up the strongest signal from wherever I am without having to login to whatever Range Extender or the router dependent up signal strength.

Will a Mesh set-up do the trick? If so, I assume I'd have to upgrade my router to a OneMesh one?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ranger Extenders - Alternative to logging into each Ranger Extender in different parts of the house
2022-12-13 06:59:44

@xghykgh 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the Archer AV1600 Archer VR1600, the VDSL modem router?

Can I have a screenshot of the login page that you mentioned earlier? Or do you mean you have to manually connect to the nearest signal., instead of automatically roaming to the closest signal?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Ranger Extenders - Alternative to logging into each Ranger Extender in different parts of the house
2022-12-13 07:18:17

@David-TP Thanks David.

You're right. It's the Archer VR1600v and I have to manually connect to the nearest signal instead of automatically roaming to the closest signal.

Cheers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 2

Related Articles