IP Address Reservation for Kasa Smart Plugs/Outlets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-12 21:26:26
Tags: #ip reservation
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 build 20221114 rel. 50649

Hi There, I need to assign reserved IP addresses to my Kasa smart plugs so that they can be controlled as part of my wider smart home installation and not just via the app. 

I'd specifically invested in Kasa smart plugs as a Kasa integration was available for my smart home hub (Hubitat) and I already have a Deco network set up with TP-Link switches and had hoped that this would make the interoperability smoother.

However, I saw a post from around one year ago, which had requested the same but the response from TP-Link seemed to indicate that the capability to reserve IP addresses for Tp Link smart home products had been removed on the Deco app.

This is concerning, as it seems the ability to reserve IP addresses for Kasa products, would not be similarly limited by non-TP-Link networking products. I wonder if any progress had been made in enabling the IP reservation to be re-established yet?

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP Address Reservation for Kasa Smart Plugs/Outlets
2022-12-13 10:46:28

@Undaunted 

Welcome to the community.

I tested with Deco X68 on the latest firmware, it still does not support configuring address reservations for smart home devices. I think Deco X90 does not support either.

Best regards.

Options