Unknown Mac address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unknown Mac address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unknown Mac address
Unknown Mac address
2022-12-15 01:20:22
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.0.48

Hi,

I have 3 unknown client devices on my recently installed Deco mesh and unable to find free software that scans my network to identify devices. 1 unknown device has a blue ME icon against it. 

Any ideas

Thanks in advance for replies

regards

Technoladd

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unknown Mac address
2022-12-15 11:01:41

@Technoladd 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Normally, the device with a blue"ME" icon should be the device on which you are viewing the network details in the Deco APP, like your mobile phone.

And even with the "Unknown device", you should still see its MAC address and IP address. You could run a MAC Lookup in the Deco APP>More>Deco lab to see if there are any manufacturing details about this device. Usually, it should be the devices with Private MAC addresses enabled.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Unknown Mac address
2022-12-16 06:31:19

@Technoladd as @David-TP as mentioned the blue tag with ME is you, you can rename the device in the settings.

Also if you have Android/Apple devices they randomise the mac address, but you can force them to use the device mac address for your home network, no need to randomise it.

On mobile you can use an app like fing that does a network scan, you could also create a secure document and list known mac addresses, device type and name for reference

Options