I've set up a new Network, but LAN Devices still show the old network name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 15:00:12
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Yesterday I deleted my old network, for the sake of this post, we'll call it 'Xxxx-Yyyy11'.

I set up a new network, for the sake of this post, we'll call it 'ZZZ_QQQ22'.

Wirelessly, everything is working fine.

However, when I connect my LAN devices to any of the Deco devices I have (I have 3 x P9s and 2 x M5s), the network name that the device shows it is connected to still shows as the old 'Xxxx-Yyyy11' - it's causing me trouble trying to Network share between my PCs!

Can anyone offer any ideas of how to resolve this please that doesn't involve trying to factory reset the Decos (again) - it's not a particularly enjoyable experience.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:I've set up a new Network, but LAN Devices still show the old network name
2022-12-16 07:28:07 - last edited 2022-12-16 07:31:53

@joshjames16 

Good day,

Except for the old SSID-Xxxx-Yyyy11, are you also able to see the new SSID-ZZZ_QQQ22 on the available network lists?

Have you tried to restart all the Deco units once?

And if you are trying to connect to the old SSID, Can you get connected and have internet service?

By the way, on the Deco APP, when you click change network, will you see both networks listed on the APP:

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options