Deco blocks wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco blocks wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco blocks wifi
Deco blocks wifi
2022-12-16 15:53:41
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

I started this thread because this one: Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help? - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

is locked

But it seems like the same problem of everyone else. The moment I connect to WiFi I get the notification:

This allows me to continue using it for normal messaging, but video calls don't work. Everything else works. I figured it would be DNS settings. But changed that and it made no difference. Rebooted, etc.

One thing that made the notification disappear is when I disabled the Malicious Content prevention. I re-enabled afterwards and didn't get the notification yet, but I am not sure video call will work again. Will check back once I test this.

Also, it is not clear if the problem will surface again.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco blocks wifi
2022-12-19 03:25:26

@Franco-FS 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is also suggested to refer to this link to add the WhatsApp to the whitelist of Antivirus to see whether it helped or not:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2302/

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco blocks wifi
2022-12-20 13:45:08

@David-TP Added all domains listed for whatsapp here:

netify/resources/applications/whatsapp
(had to remove full website, otherwise forum won't allow me to post)

Added a couple of IPs, but since it doesn't allow IP ranges on CIDR notation, there are just too many to add manually.

After doing that, still whatsapp gets blocked somehow.

I do notice that there are a lot of notifications of my devices on my network of the type:

Device quarantined:
My-Laptop
The infected device is quarantined
Blocked:millennivm.O R G
Classification: Spam

Device quarantined:
My-Phone
The infected device is quarantined
Blocked:gdpr.tubi.T V
Classifcation: Spam

Not sure if any of these could be false positives.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 368

Replies: 2

Related Articles