AX1500 router needs to accept ethernet hotspot from phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-19 16:11:00
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

i have a cell phone which has an ethernet tethering feature, and i would like to plug the ethernet cable into the WAN port of the AX1500, to have my network use the phones hotspot data. I have a USB-C to Ethernet adapter on the way. Am I doing this right and if not what am I doing wrong? thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 router needs to accept ethernet hotspot from phone
2022-12-19 18:32:28

@humbll 

Hi,

In general this works fine with any router that has an Ethernet WAN port. I have done that myself.

The tricky part is that most Android smartphones are quite limited in the number of device drivers they have built into.

I have had success with USB to Ethernet adapters that use chips made by a company called "ASIX" (in particular the AX88772 and the AX88179).

In contrast, I have never got an USB to Ethernet adapter with a very common Realtek chip to be recognized by any of my Android devices, although I've read that some people apparently have been able to use these with certain Samsung phones.

If you'd like you can also read a post I previously made in another thread.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/245882

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 1