VPN Menu not visible in Advanced Tab

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-30 11:51:53
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi

I would like to set up my VPN service on this router using OpenVPN. I have followed the video https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/faq/1544/ but when i click on the advanced tab I see not VPN Server in the menu on the left.

Please help as i bought this router specifically for setting up a VPN and the technical specifications on your website said that this router supports VPN.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN Menu not visible in Advanced Tab
2022-12-30 13:59:11

@rom11r 

Apparently the Version 4 of the Archer C6 doesn't have the VPN Server feature.

You might want to check if the store that sold you this Archer C6 advertised the router as having OpenVPN. If they did, then you should have a good chance to get a replacement or get your money back.

Options
Re:VPN Menu not visible in Advanced Tab
2023-01-02 13:18:14

@woozle 

Thanks for letting me know.

tp-Link should update their website as the information on. there is very misleading and the average consumer does not know what version of the device they are buying.

I have returned the item and have gone with a different manufacturer as I cannot trust the information on tp-Links website.

Options