Deco S7 sucks, I hate it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-01 17:22:45
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 Build 20221107 Rel. 61094

I bought in December a Deco S7 wifi mesh set (3 stations) and I am very sad to use it.

What saddens me the most is that the devices and their management have been implemented so stupidly (if not even childishly).

Of course, there can be many problems with any WLAN devices and WLAN networks in general. But with DECO S7, it is really difficult to find out the problems when the devices do not have any real control panel.

The devices are activated to use and "managed" with the DECO Android application, which is connected to some TP-link cloud somewhere and which then calls my local deco base stations via the Internet. When a problem occurs (and they do occur often), the program is useless because it is not connected to the decos (because they have a problem and are not online).

Nowadays, you can't live without the internet and my work is online. That's why it's a real shame that such low-quality devices (DECO S7) have so much power over how my everyday life and work goes. The internet can be interrupted at any time for any reason and I have no idea whether it is due to the internet connection, or whether it is a problem with the deco stations or the connection between the deco and the modem, because the decos do not have any control panel to see if they are connected to anything.

I've already learned that it's most likely always the Decos' problems, because they have so many bugs anyway and even that bad Android application was clearly not designed to be used with S7 decos in the first place (because the program has options that are not used with DECO S7, such as e.g. control of LEDs at night, etc.)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco S7 sucks, I hate it.
2023-01-04 02:44:36

@FinnishDad 

Hi, Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Recently, there have been some new versions of the Deco APP which has improved the Deco APP stability in all respects and the latest IOS version is 3.2.6 and 3.2.5 for Android phone. If possible, please make sure your Deco APP is up to date.

After that, If the disconnection continued, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Have you seen any Deco turn red during the disconnection?

2. May I know who is your internet service provider?

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email in order to seek further assistance from senior engineers. Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-17 05:11:12

David-TP wrote

@FinnishDad 

Hi, Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Recently, there have been some new versions of the Deco APP which has improved the Deco APP stability in all respects and the latest IOS version is 3.2.6 and 3.2.5 for Android phone. If possible, please make sure your Deco APP is up to date.

After that, If the disconnection continued, could you please help me check the following details:

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email in order to seek further assistance from senior engineers. Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Deco APP stability means nothing if the whole logic is clearly flawed. That is, when wifi devices are managed by a program that is not connected to the devices via wifi but via the Internet, there is a clear logical error.

And that incorrect logic causes problems, especially when using bad devices (ie Deco S7)

It should also be mentioned that my previous system was a Deco M5 which worked just fine, so the stupidity of the management software didn't bother me that much, but now when it comes to clearly weaker devices, that stupidity makes my nuts crackle.

Naturally. The main deco is red when it loses internet connection (or thinks it has).

Another deco device (slave deco) is blinking red al the time, but that has nothing to the connection, because that deco has a working connection to main deco and computer connected to that on that deco has connection.

I don't understand what it has to do with this, but it is Elisa and the connection is made with a cable modem (to which the Deco is then connected)

Options
2023-04-10 15:30:22

@FinnishDad 

Having the exact issue -with the former firmware 1.3.2 they worked fine but now -1.3.3. =TOTAL SHI TSHOW.

Cannot use them as first router -turns of the uplink aLl the time (blinking red and disconnecting from internet)

Have to use a working Asus ROUTER as router then the s7 as AP. Before the s7 did a good job distributing the workload and connected logically to each other.

Now..they are all connected to the main router ap sitting by the router EVEN the most furthest s7.. which before linked to two other s7 in logical link.

I can not recommend this product at all -I feel ripped of and will advocate for not buying this junk !

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 4192

Replies: 3

Related Articles