WiFi 6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi 6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi 6
WiFi 6
2023-01-03 09:16:43
Tags: #Feature Request #Question
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

I have Archer AX55 router and I'm using iPhone 13. Is there a way that I can check through Tether app or my phone when I'm connected to WiFi 6?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi 6
2023-01-05 18:54:51

@PJCA 

The Archer AX55 (and also most other TP-Link routers) won't display any technical details about the Wi-Fi connection of connected client devices.

I currently don't own any iOS devices and therefore can't check this myself, but I guess iOS doesn't show the information you are looking for either.

Your best bet might be to try out some free "system info" or "Wi-Fi info" apps that are specially made to show detailed information about the user's device.

For a start maybe try "AIDA64".

In case whatever app you try doesn't show the specific wireless standard, you still might be able to derive it by the so called "link speed". Numbers like 433, 866 or 1733 Mbps usually indicate a Wi-Fi 5 connection, whereas 600, 1200 or 2400 Mbps would likely indicate a Wi-Fi 6 connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles