Deco X60 router mode is worthless.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-03 21:13:14
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

Is the Deco X60 the worse system I have ever used.

1. How do you disable the dhcp server on this piece of garbage

2. Why does it not allow me to decide the port to be used like a normal "router" it is suppose to have automatic internet/lan detection now it detected my "LAN" as "WAN" and I am not able to disable the dhcp server. Like any decent human being the dhcp server is a seperate system/service not to be mixed up with a wireless router.

3. There was also some mention of Firewall, Can't see any kind of useful management from the app. I found the device "can't" be configured over normal PC connection.

I just spent a ton of money on 3 garbage routers/access points :( Maybe I should have investigated more if they where what I need/want I will have to change them to access points instead :( so my entire plan of having new routers are now back to "square 1".
Anyway just to avoid any pain for others. Don't buy the X60 if you plan on using as a router. Complete Garbage. NAT and DHCP server are enabled by default. Why can't I decide what is enabled or not :(

/Regards
Moroni

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco X60 router mode is worthless.
2023-01-04 08:13:30

@Moroni 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is a pity that Deco X60 might not be the right router for you. I checked your comments and think our Archer router would be a perfect alternative.

Take Archer AX55 for example, It is a standard router with a fixed WAN port and Its DHCP server could be disabled under the default router mode. It could be configured via Tether APP and Normal PC connection.

And It also supports TP-Link OneMesh and Easy Mesh Technology if you plan to create a whole Mesh system.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-09 08:36:18

Hi
Does the 
TP-Link Archer AX55 allow portforward of "any" port.
I want to have the TP-Link router in front of my Linux servers but allow access to ssh/http/https etc using portforward.
In case the Linux Servers "die" I would still want to be able to access Internet smiley

My previous router from Telia does not allow portforward of ssh/https or it allows but it does not work frown

Will the AX55 be extending my current Wi-Fi provided by the X60 access points surprise

@Moroni 

Options
2023-01-11 08:37:59

@Moroni 

Hi, the port forwarding feature on Archer AX55 is quite similar to Deco X60. So if you can allow port forward of "any" port for Linux server on Deco X60, so does Archer AX55.

As for "Will the AX55 be extending my current Wi-Fi provided by the X60 access points", Archer AX55 needs to replace the main Deco X60, and connect to the ISP cable modem directly. You could connect the Deco X60 behind Archer AX55 and set Deco X60 to work in Access Point mode.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-11 08:44:56

Hi

Since I don not use it as a router and it is a complete and it is a utter disappointed of router. I can only assume the X55 is also that if it is similar then crying
Would you be able to answer the question of what it is capable of without referring to the X60 since it is dead to me indecision

I was unable to find any kind of port forward in the application you refer to using when managing it.

The router provided by my ISP also allows port forward but does not allow port forward despite being able to add the rules.

@David-TP 

Options
2023-01-12 07:11:29

@Moroni 

Hi,  Sorry for the inconvenienceblush. Here is an emulator of the web management UI of Archer AX55. I think you might have a full view here:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-ax55/v1/#Emulators

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-12 08:13:22

"As for "Will the AX55 be extending my current Wi-Fi provided by the X60 access points", Archer AX55 needs to replace the main Deco X60, and connect to the ISP cable modem directly. You could connect the Deco X60 behind Archer AX55 and set Deco X60 to work in Access Point mode."

That is the first thing I did to change to Access Point Mode crying your sentence make little sense since I have informed that I need a router and the Deco X60 is worthless as routers I thought it was obvious that they are not being used as routers. I am using my Linux servers as routers indecision

The idea is to connect the TP-Link router to the "WAN" network indecision and I don't have a "Modem" since I have fiber connection from my ISP.

Configure mac cloning to allow to use instead of the worthless router provided by my ISP and use as primary router. 

Current setup
ISP <-> Primary Linux Router <-> LAN <-> Deco X60
       <-> Secondary Linux Router <-> LAN 

the routers use keep alive to decide what router is primary so in case I reboot the primary Linux Router I will only have a short interrupt.

Future setup
ISP <-> Primary AX55 < port forward -> Primary Linux Server LAN <-> Deco X60
       <-> Secondary AX55 < port forward -> Secondary Linux Server LAN <-> Deco X60

Primary Linux Server will use the Primary AX55 as default gateway cool 
Secondary Linux Server will use the Secondary AX55 as default gateway cool 

In case of one of them receiving a new IP from the ISP I could connect to the one that have not change IP smiley
The Linux Servers will act as primary and secondary DHCP server(s)

Maybe I will just keep the current setup of only using the Deco X60 with Linux Servers acting as routers crying
I use nftables framework for packet filtering and classification

@David-TP 

Options
2023-01-13 10:55:02

I was unable to find any kind of port forward in the application you refer to using when managing it.

Options
2023-02-15 13:07:30 - last edited 2023-02-16 14:18:37

Hi that is why I am not using the Deco X60 in router mode but access point mode. blush
I asked about a firewall you can manage using Windows 11 or any "Computer" 
I also noticed I am receiving weekly reports that are not possible to open crying

Can the Deco X60 be used as a WiFi to ethernet device. In case you want to connect something that does not have Wi-Fi but you have no ethernet close by?

Eg. A NAS that only have ethernet. So ethernet to Wi-Fi. 

@niftiitimp 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: 8

Related Articles