Port forwarding problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port forwarding problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port forwarding problem
Port forwarding problem
2023-01-04 12:02:26

I Have now three port forwarding rules to my NAS, when I want to add a 4th rule it says it is not possible because the IP adress (of the NAS) is already in use.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding problem
2023-01-05 03:32:12

@SvenKl 

Hi, May I know the current APP version of your Deco APP?

I tested with Deco X55 on Deco APP IOS 3.2.6 and It could still be saved after 4 port forwarding profiles:

If you were able to reproduce this issue most of the time, can I have a picture of your port forwarding configuration and could you please also refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-08 13:40:09

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

The current APP version I use (on Android) is 3.2.5 (The latest version available according to Google Play).  I also tried it on an iPad with the latest iPad OS version of the app installed (3.2.6).

I was able to add more rules a month or so ago, but I removed some port mappings because I didn't use them, and I Left only three forwarding rules to my NAS.  Now I want to add some new rules, however it states that the IP address is already in use and refuses to create the mapping.  Changing one of the three existing rules is however possible, and adding port forwardings to other IP addresses is also possible.

In the iPads OS app I get the same error (IP address already in use, but I am asked to make an address reservation for this IP address and I am directed to the address reservation page).  However this address reservation was already made.  I get the impression that the IP address already in use error is somehow generated by the address reservation module.  As a test I wanted to remove the address reservation for my NAS, but however the app doesn't seem to provide the possibility to remove an address reservation.

I sent the App log via the support link you provided.

Kind regards,

Sven Kluppels

Options
2023-01-08 13:55:29

@David-TP 

Update ! I managed to add port forwarding rules now.  As you could see from my former reaction, I suspected it had something to do with the address reservation.  I finally did find the possiblity to remove an address reservation (you must long-press the reservation in the app.  This was more user friendly in the old version of the app (three dots...) ;-) and this did solve the problem.  By removing the address reservation, I managed to make an additional port forwarding, and the app re-added the address reservation (on the same IP address) for my decvice again.  

Thanks for your support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 3

Related Articles