Cannot stop Deco device connection notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 07:22:18
Tags: #notifications
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I enabled connection notifications for a specific device. When I tried to disable notifications, I still get e-mail notifications for the device when it connects and disconnects.

I have tried to reboot routers, set notifications again and remove notifications again and it does not help. 

How can I disable sending e-mail notifications (I would not like to factory reset the router as I have quite some settings set)?

Thanks and best,

Slavko

Options
8 Reply
Re:Cannot stop Deco device connection notifications
2023-01-06 09:20:52

@SlavkoZ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did you also try to turn off the Connection Alerts on Deco APP>More?

And please also check whether you have set up any Automation profiles under SmartHome>Smart Actions.

By the way, have you ever switched the main Deco in the Mesh network?

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-06 13:01:41

@David-TP 

Yes, I tried to turn off notifications via app. I also tried to set them again, turn on only push messages, ...

I do not use Smart Home and have no profiles set.

Actually yes, I switched the main Deco (because previously the M5 did not want to upgrade) with another one. But previous router is not part of this network anymore.

Thanks, Slavko

Options
2023-02-25 20:19:50

@SlavkoZ I have same problem but for push notifications. I recently switched my main deco too from m9 to x55. 

Options
2023-05-30 23:52:35

@SlavkoZ The happens here... It's the most annoying thing. Since I switched from Deco X20 to X50 I can't stop push notifications. I turned them off from the connection alerts section and from the app notification settings.

I get around 50 notifications per day about the same device connecting to the network over and over again.

I know tplink will not fix this or answer this because they don't provide any kind of user support, but I wanted to leave this written here just because i'm super frustrated.

For those who have the same issue on iOS, remember you can always disable the permission to get notification from an app. It's a bad solution because if some security or firmware update notification needs to arrive, you won't get that, but at least you will not receive 50 unwanted notifications per day.

Options
2023-06-18 21:28:48

@David-TP 

Hi,

I have a similar problem.  I recently replaced an E4 with a M4 as my main Deco.  The M4 is great but it appears the connection alerts from the old E4 are still running.  I have tried (i) to disable connection alerts and (ii) a full reset of the old E4.  However, the old connection alerts are still coming through.  Is there a solution aside from creating a new WiFi network?

Options
2023-07-27 23:28:27

@SlavkoZ I am experiencing the exact same thing. 50+ push notifications of new devices daily. All for devices that heve joined my network recently. I also switched my main Deco. Not sure if this is limited to the guest network only...

Options
2023-11-12 03:52:23

@tokiloshe Paul have the same issue. X60 to x75. Just wondering if someone did a factory reset and if it worked.  I have a lot of settings and would prefer not to go through that if it doesn't resolve the issue

Options
2023-11-12 05:47:26

@Bill- I also had a lot of settings. I solved it as follows: I have some E4s and two M5s in the network. M5 is the main one. So, I reseted the alternative M5 and then add it to the network as main one. It worked. The settings stayed intact.

Options