Votes

M5 Mac Whitelisting Beta Firmware

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-08 08:53:22 - last edited 2023-07-11 09:08:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I noticed that in this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/210610?page=2 you offered a beta firmware to allow MAC address whitelisting. I urgently require this feature please, and as a software engineer would be comfortable with a beta firmware. Our teenager is changing his mac address daily and so parental controls are useless, so it's either this or the deco has to go in the bin and we can't recommend it as the parental controls are easily circumvented. It would be sufficient to have a 'don't allow new connections' feature so that I had to disable that to allow new connections, or if it's easier to make a whitelist then that's fine. Thanks!

Edit: If its easier, if you can provide me with the deco m5 api for authentication and listing and blocking devices, I will write a daemon app myself which will run periodically on my phone or mac and block new devices. Whatever gets me this functionality quickest is fine with me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 Mac Whitelisting Beta Firmware
2023-05-22 11:37:02

@MSPW Did you ever get a link to beta firmware with the whitelisting?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 242

Replies: 1