Set up of tp-link RE305 not successful

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-10 16:33:02
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: unknown

1. I try to set up my new RE305 "via the WPS button" method. I follow the tp-link manual and also check some youtube setup videos. Result: No success, Signal LED gives a slow blue flash only. I tried several times with HW reset in between. No success.

2. Then I try the "via web browser" method. I can connect my android tablet to the extender's network TP-LINK_Extender. Success to this point.
    Then I try to reach the web server on the extender with Firefox browser and address http://192.168.0.254.  No response in the browser, it reports timeout and no connection after a while.    I tried several times but no success.
3. Then I connect the extender with a LAN HW cable  directly connected to my Windows laptop. Tries to access the extender's webserver from  the browser in the laptop.
    Same result as in 2.

I have not at all succeeded in reaching the login page of the extender. 
Is the extender faulty as the SW does not respond at all?  SW version unkn own as I am not able to login
The only response I have got  is a blue steady power led and a slow blue  flashing signal led with the WPS button method.

/Patrick

Options
2 Reply
Re:Set up of tp-link RE305 not successful
2023-01-10 18:41:56
I had a problem with WPS, and then I discovered that WPS was disabled on my provider's router. I just enabled it and it worked!
Options
Re:Set up of tp-link RE305 not successful
2023-01-12 11:19:08

@xlz 

Hi, you could also try to set up RE305 via Tether APP:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1373/

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 2