DLNA Media share problems TD-W8980 failure PS3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-24 12:09:27
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

What shocking terrible service from TP-Link.

They clearly advertise that the device supports DLNA. The fact is they are only telling half the story.:mad:
Its works flawlessly from a PC but not Xbox or PS3 which again they advertise that it does and even have instructions in their manual how to configure this.

I contacted support they apoligise that there is a bug in the firmware and they will fix. No time frame no real solution

The PS3 can see the media drive but get an error when I select it to view the content "media server error dlna protocol error 501"

The only reason I bought this product is for that feature so I can access my media drive on the PS3 via the TD-W8980 and to add insult to injury they asked me to factory reset the device which I did and made no difference to the media share but now my internet drops out every 15 minutes at least.:mad:

The shop I bought it from cannot take the product back because its out of the box and TP-Link are not doing much except sending a few emails to me saying that they will fix it in the next firmware. Its simply not good enough to release a product and test it on the public.:mad:

Never again, Never again, Never again will I buy anything from them:mad:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 0