tp-link powerline GigaBit adapter (no WiFi) - offers PoE, and can pass along VLAN ID?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tp-link powerline GigaBit adapter (no WiFi) - offers PoE, and can pass along VLAN ID?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-13 18:45:30
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have not bought the TL-PA9020P KIT, yet. I am looking for advice to get the right product. 

I need a pair of pass-through GigaBit ethernet power line adapters so that I can connect a new WiFi AP (Ubiquiti) to my existing router (Ubiquiti). I do not need the powerline adapters to handle WiFi.

There are two things I have not been able to confirm from the TL-PA9020P descriptions:

1. The AP requires PoE. Does the powerline adapter provide that?
    (I want to avoid a separate PoE injector. Enough wires as it is!)
  2. The router and AP support VLANs (802.1Q). Will the powerline adapter to pass VLAN ID along?
    (I found a community post that suggested it would be OK, but it related to a different tp-link product number in a different region.)

Thank you for reading my questions.

Other suggestions for connecting the AP and router gratefully received. However, the router is fairly new, so I do not want to start again with tp-link One Mesh. Maybe next time. Sorry :-)

Best wishes

Phil

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 0