Working internet connection but constant red internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-13 21:32:28
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0069.0

Hey guys. Had this problem for a while now and I'm not sure what's going on. Every now and again my internet light on the router goes red and historically when this happened, my connection would drop or get intermittent and slow down. More recently I've added a Deco Mesh system to my home network and  now when the connection drops and it displays red on the Archer, it still says I have a connection on both the Archer and the Deco and the Internet seems to work , but I'm concerned it'll be a slower connection and it makes no sense why it would do this and still work. If I reset the router it generally fixes the light problem for a while and then it inevitably goes back red at some stage. I've asked my ISP for help and they didn't seem to really give me any and TP Link suggested I go into a more stable DSL which I did and am now using the Google one. Any ideas as to why it would A. Be going red and B. Still be connected when it is?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Working internet connection but constant red internet light
2023-01-19 06:31:00

@Dunk 

When the internet light turned red, you mentioned you still had a connection. I think it is very likely you are still connected to the WiFi but there is no internet service on WiFi, like no websites could be opened. Have your ISP provided their own DSL modem to you? Sometimes ISP-supplied modems always had better compatibility with the internet service. Then you could connect Deco behind their modem to provide the wireless Mesh network.

While if there isn't, a red light on the VR900 V3 might mean it has lost the internet connection occasionally. Please check whether there is a new firmware version.

Then check the internet IP address when the LED is red, which might tell you whether it is a disconnection on the modem or DSL service.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1259

Replies: 1

Related Articles