3000Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender Wireless Lights Blink On/Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 13:46:53
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have had a 3000Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender model 3000Mbps TL-WA850RE for some time, and they were working perfectly. But now, the wireless signal lights keep turning on / off, and the extender lost its ability to extend the signal. I can't connect to it because it skips the signal and makes it impossible to configure.

I tried several times to reset it, but nothing has has happened.

Can anyone help?

Options
5 Reply
Re:3000Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender Wireless Lights Blink On/Off
2023-01-19 07:51:06

@jaba23 

Hi, you could refer to this link to edit the router's settings first to see whether it helped stabilized the connection:

Recommended settings on the host router to work well with TP-Link Range Extenders

By the way, may I know how long have you had the extender?

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-15 20:05:35

Hi,  @David-TP 

Thanks for your answer and post. I followed what the post said, or I think I did. They started working again, and I was able to have a signal extension.

But all of a sudden, the problem came back. I didn't do anything to the configuration. I returned to your post and disabled Access Control and almost everything in my primary host.

But now I can't even configure them from a factory reset because the signal comes and goes when trying to finish the task, even though I'm very close to the main router and have full signal and internet on my computer.

The light of the wireless signal, full strength, turns on for 10 seconds. Then it goes off for 20 seconds and gets back on. This process repeats even though I have reset it multiple times.

I know the devices are not broken because I took them to a computer shop, and they had the signal fully on without blinking.

I have a video to prove the situation, but I cannot upload it. I will attach referential pictures to show.

Can someone help? This is really driving me crazy.

Thanks very much

Options
2023-03-16 03:18:27

@jaba23 

Hi, May I know the model number of your main router? and how long have you had 850RE?

If it worked fine on a different location, would it be something wrong with the main router? or any changes on the main router recently?

If possible, you could send the video to support.forum@tp-link.com.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-16 11:51:56

Hi,  @David-TP 

My main router is AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router, Model No. Archer C50. I'm attaching the photos to the reply.

I hadn't changed anything on the settings until yesterday when it stopped working. And what I did yesterday was to verify that the Access Control was disabled, and also I disabled the WPS just to see if it worked.

The strange part is that when I took the Signal Extenders, which I've had for about 6 months now, which I've had for about 6 months now, to a nearby computer shop, it was to verify if they were broken. They told me not because the signal didn't blink there. And after that, I wrote here, and you sent me the helpful article, and I replicated their advice in my configuration. It has worked since our last message. But yesterday it stopped working again.

Options
2023-03-17 08:00:20

@jaba23 

Thanks and I also got your email.

Please refer to the email to get more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 5

Related Articles