Deco M5 usenet SSL issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 usenet SSL issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 usenet SSL issue
Deco M5 usenet SSL issue
2023-01-17 18:07:06
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

Having an issue with my deco M5 network.

When using my a usenet server to download items after 5/10 minutes my client (sabnzbd) stops and starts throwing up the following errors:

"Failed to connect: _ssl.c:975: The handshake operation timed out *****:443"

Eventually after maybe 10-15 minutes downloads will start fine again but again after maybe 5 minutes downloading it happens again the above error.

I have tried a different usenet client which the same issue happens.

Rebooting the deco network fixes the issue temporally. 

The deco's are in router mode and also connect to my FTTP using Dynamic IP/DHCPv6 Stateless (Sky UK). Connection is a 1Gb FTTP

If i remove the decos and use the standard Sky router downloads work completely fine for hours without any issues so can only be the deco's causing the issue.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M5 usenet SSL issue
2023-01-18 02:58:07

@Lordvader 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Please try to turn off "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helped.

And if the USENET client is connected to Deco via an Ethernet connection, will the same issue continue?

Could you please show me a picture of how the Deco units are connected to each other?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-18 08:04:30

@David-TP 

My server is connected to the main deco via ethernet so can not see how disabling fast roaming and beamforming will help?

My network is a mixture of both wired backhaul and wireless between the M5's

Options
2023-01-21 14:12:23

Any update on my issue?

On closer inspection once I start getting SSL connection errors it's almost exactly 20 minutes from when it starts getting errors/refusing connect to my usenet client works again.

Options
2023-01-29 18:51:06

@David-TP 

I'm still having this issue and close to remove the deco's.

Please advise!

Options
2023-01-30 06:26:37

@Lordvader, Hi, Thanks for the update, and sorry for the delay.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-31 11:43:51

@David-TP 

Thanks, no email yet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 478

Replies: 6