Having Deco system under one name/connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-20 23:37:37
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

So it might get a little confusing, but here is my setup and my issue. I don't want to connect to the DECO made wifi connection. I have 2 buildings I need wifi in, The house, and a garage/shop that has a apartment built in. The shop is made with a metal roof, so it completely blocks any wifi signal or phone data connections. I contacted my ISP, and they installed a mesh system that consists of 2 externally mounted amplifiers that runs the wireless signal from outside the building, and the runs a ethernet cable to a rounter inside. This is also so my phone can still make phone calls from the 2nd building without having to worry about the metal roof.Issue is this box is rated for 2400sq/f and the shop is 4000sq/f. I don't want to connect to the deco wifi at all, I want it to be used as a wifi extender from inside the building, under my modems name. This is so I dont have to switch connections everytime I go from the house to the 2nd building/shop.

So long story short, It goes Modem(inside Building 1)<External amp(inbetween both buildings)<Router(inside building 2)<Deco(inside building 2)

Is this possible? Or do I need to just buy wifi extenders or figure another way out?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Having Deco system under one name/connection
2023-01-30 07:43:11

@ChanceSSID Hi, it could work and you could set up Deco into access point mode, and change the SSID of Deco to be the same as the modem name.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Related Articles