Issue with current RE450 V4 update where it adds EasyMesh function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 14:53:42 - last edited 2023-05-17 00:55:30
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: current version

The new update where the EasyMesh function was added to the RE450 V4 model has a very annoying bug, which after being updated puts the device's coverage to the lowest and even when selecting the highest coverage it restarts but does not apply the maximum coverage option , leaving it always in the minimum coverage, and nothing solves this problem, so I came here to report this problem, I already went back to the previous version because I need good coverage from this repeater and the new update leaves the signal coverage of the RE450 V4 completely limited. so i hope they fix it as soon as possible. 

@David-TP 

@Solla-topee 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue with current RE450 V4 update where it adds EasyMesh function
2023-01-30 01:17:44

@Andrsouzaaa Hi, sorry for the delay, and Thanks a lot for the feedbackyes.

I happen to see another similar post-https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/597154 and Since RE550 also supports EasyMesh, I think   @PrzemWas  might enable EasyMesh as well.

I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Wish you a Happy New year.

Options
Re:Issue with current RE450 V4 update where it adds EasyMesh function
2023-01-30 05:44:05

@David-TP Hello, thanks for the answer, and I did receive your email and I'm waiting for the next steps, but I don't think it's a device problem, but an update bug, because I did the downgrade and everything went back to normal, so I'll wait a solution and a fix so that I can update my RE450 V4 in a stable and bug free way. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 405

Replies: 2

Related Articles