Google Home Assistant Connectivity Issue.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-27 12:05:56
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

I have a number of Google home assistant products - Home, nest cameras, door bell etc. But I have an issue with the assistant products i.e. home and hub - essentially these devices appear to have flacky connectivity, they may stream auto for 10min and drop out or even on a good day 30mins and drop out for 5 mins and contune streaming again... its sending me mad.

Heres what I've done so far:

- disabled wi-fi 6 just using for backhole

- disable mesh on these devices

- reboot the devices before use 

- rebooted the Deco's regualary

Unfortunately nothing has worked... has anyone got any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Google Home Assistant Connectivity Issue.
2023-01-28 09:36:06

@IanAlmighty 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I see you also created a support ticket with us. Could you please also update the email with the following information:

1. Could you please refer to this link to help me check the current firmware version of your Google Home/Nest hubs:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7365257

2. I see there are 3*Deco XE75 under your TP-link ID. Are they wirelessly connected to each other?

Or can you send me a screenshot of the network map on the Deco APP?

3. Have you also tried to temporarily turn off "fast roaming" and "beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it made any difference?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Google Home Assistant Connectivity Issue.
2023-02-01 09:38:13

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I tried the:

3. Have you also tried to temporarily turn off "fast roaming" and "beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it made any difference?

And yes this does appear to have made a difference. My next steps are to re-enable beamforming to see if it was just the fast roaming that was causing the issue. Toroww I'll leave a smart speak on all day to see if it drops at all.

Cheers

Ian.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 269

Replies: 2

Related Articles