Philips Hue Hub cannot connect to Deco X60 main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 20:27:48 - last edited 2023-01-29 07:34:03
Tags: #Philips Hue
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Rel. 71570

I have Hue Bridge that worked without any issues. Recently I bought set of TP-Link Deco x60s. Both bridge and decos are updated to the latest versions. The issue is that when the Bridge is connected to the main Deco, there is no internet and the hue is disconnected. When I use the same cable and power adapter and connect it to one of the repeaters ( Other Deco X60 ), the Hue Bridge have internet. I've tried both ports on the main Deco x60 and they're all working ( providing wired connection to my MBP, so physically the ports and the cable are working ).

The problem is that the second Deco ( that is working with the Hue Bridge ) is at very small place and there is single powerplug ( to small to add power splitter ), so basically I cannot use it. 

The weird thing is that If I put another router before the Deco and switch the Deco from "Wi-Fi router mode" to "Access point mode", the Hue Bridge is working from the main hub. 

I tried to switch positions ( ex. internet cable connected to port 2, Hue Bridge connected to port 1 ), tried different cable, nothing seems to work. 

EDIT:

It turns out it's my IPTV/VLAN settings. It is enabled in order to use Deco as main router and get rid of the ISPs provided router. The IPTV was enabled and set on port 2 of the main unit. I don't use my ISP provided IPTV ( still needed to set the VLAN settings ), so just changed the settings of the IPTV to different port on different unit. Leave the post here in case anybody freaked out as me with the same problem. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Philips Hue Hub cannot connect to Deco X60 main router
2023-01-29 01:48:59 - last edited 2023-01-29 01:49:19

@Panayotoff Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you enabled the IPTV/VLAN feature on the Deco APP>More>Advanced?

--if it is not required by ISP, please leave it disabled.

And are you able to reproduce this issue most of the time?

In the meantime, I would like to follow up on your case via email and please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Philips Hue Hub cannot connect to Deco X60 main router
2023-01-29 07:24:07

@David-TP 

Yes, I have the  IPTV/VLAN enabled. When I signed with new ISP few days ago, they installed their own router in very inconvenient for me place, very ugly job. Also didn't had access to their router ( couldn't disable the WiFi network for example, or change the well-known default credentials ... ). I put small switch in the place of their provided router, set the Deco as main router, but in order to make it work, I had to enable the IPTV/VLAN feature and set appropriate VLAN/ITPV ID / Priorities.  

Options