Modem/Router Set up.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem/Router Set up.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Modem/Router Set up.
Modem/Router Set up.
2023-01-30 15:20:24 - last edited 2023-01-30 15:33:50
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had the above Modem/Router for about a year and a half, tried to set it up straight away but nothing (Google Mini, tablets or phones) seemed to work very well, could be I had the wrong settings!! My aging BT HH5 drops out once a week so I've now had another go at setting it up but with no luck, I bought this unit on the promise that it was easy to set up, even though I have had lots of PC problems over the years which I've solved myself I cannot now get the unit to connect to the Internet. I've tried many ways of connecting using a PC connected to it and also the tether app but always get a variety of errors. 

Have searched the forums but couldn't find a fix exactly related to my problem, it seems most units in the USA are connected via a router not plugged directly into a BT phone/adsl socket as is mine. Does anyone know of a plain English guide that doesn't ask questions that I don't know the answer to?? 😁

Options
2 Reply
Re:Modem/Router Set up.
2023-02-02 11:50:11

Well as I haven't had any replies I must assume nobody has any ideas how to connect my modem/Router either!! Have just had another go at setting it up using the PC then my tablet (using the app), also downloaded the app on my phone in the hope that I'd have better luck but still getting loads of problems, must admit that for a unit that is "easy to setup" it's the hardest thing I've tried to do in 16 years of owning PC's/routers etc. Think it's going to be consigned to the cupboard and forgotten, bought a "easy to setup" TP-Link WiFi extender last year and that was a pain to setup but did get there in the end. 

Options
Re:Modem/Router Set up.
2023-02-03 03:24:05

@Donski 

Here's a simple guide on how to configure TD-W9970's DSL connection.

Here's a more detailed guide for configuring TD-W9970 - https://help.ncf<dot>ca/TP-Link_TD-W9970_Configuration

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2

Related Articles